|Home||» Products||» Pharmaceutical Intermediates||» Tryptamine|
Product Code : 01
A monoamine alkaloid, Tryptamine is found in plants, fungi and animals. It is a common precursor molecule to various neurotransmitters and hormones. Bio-synthesis starts from the amino acid tryptophan, with tryptamine successively performing as a precursor for other compounds. The two main tryptamines are: serotonin and melatonin. Tryptamines are designer drugs or natural compounds, developed from the decarboxylation of tryptophan. Secondary tryptamine refers to a grade of compounds, which are capable of making strong psychedelic & entheogenic effects. Tryptamine is used in pharmaceutical and biological intermediates, and biological reagent etc.
- CAS: 61-54-1
- Purity: 98%
- Solubility in water: negligible solubility in water
- Appearance: white or light yellow crystalline powder
- Chemical Formula: C10H12N2
- Multi-layered analysis, utilized to distinguish / determine biogenic amines.
- In the chemical process of indole ring-terminated thiol.
- Biochem / physiol actions
- Synthetic drugs